Install the Inuktitut fonts, keyboard drivers & utilities
For Windows XP
> Installing Inuktitut fonts
From the desktop
1. Mouseclick the start button
2. Select settings
3. Select control panel
4. Select "Switch to Classic View"
5. Doubleclick on 'Fonts'
6. Within the 'Fonts' window, select the 'File' menu
7. Within the 'File' menu select 'Install New Font'
Within the Add Fonts window:
8. Set the current drive and directory to the one that contains the font file. The names of the fonts in the directory will be listed
9. Select the all the Inuktitut fonts. There should be four entries correspinding to Normal, Bold BoldItalic and Italic variations
10. Select OK
> Keyboard Drivers
Select the file Kdbiu.exe
1. in Windows XP, right mouse click and select "Properties" the select Run in Windows 2000 Compatibility mode (should be already done).
2. Double click the file, it installs the keyboard for use in your system
3. You can now add "Inuktitut Nunacom" as an optional keyboard to any Windows Locale - Normally we choose "Indonesian" for the "IN" prefix.
4. typing in Inuktitut Nunacom uses the "Caps Lock" as a toggle between a roman (US English) and Syllabic keyboard.
5. Tips: There is a 'visual keyboard' in the "Accessories > Accessibility" option of Windows 2000 and XP. It lets you see the keyboard you are currently using
> Inuktitut Utilities
Copy the inuktitututilites.dot file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup and it appear as a menuitem in Word.